With the addition of the environmentally friendly Black Oxide finish to the vast variety of the services that Professional Plating offers, comes another reason we are your one-stop-shop for your metal finishing needs.
Black Oxide Process - Cold
- Black Oxide forms a black magnetite finish on all iron and non-stainless steel parts.
- Provides a black satin finish of .00002” (.5 micron) thick
- Oil sealer applied after Oxide for a heavy duty protective coating. It also adds lubricity to the parts.
- Minimal salt spray protection
- Size capabilities of 46” long, 28” wide, and 28” high
- Manual hoist controlled
- Custom racking to meet part needs
- Provides an even black finish
- No salt bloom
- Mil Spec Compliant
- Cast Irons do not turn red
- Powder Metals don’t end up having salt blooms
- No EPA Regulated Metals- Environmentally Friendly
- Totally “Green” Process to meet Professional Plating’s standards
- Very cost effective
- Fast Delivery
- Repeatable Availability
- No dimensional changes with finish applied