The Lead Racker is responsible for monitor racking end to achieve maximum square footage on our production line by ensuring parts are racked per shop paper and racks are full. Hours are typically 1:30P-10:15P Monday -Friday.
- On-time order starting and completion in Production Management to include communicating with Customer Service, Scheduler and Leadership any concerns with ship dates, quality or quantity.
- Monitors, tracks and sends out First Pass Quality daily.
- Report a cause for anything over 5% fall out, list hold area products and reports any other information.
- Accurately record SPC and tank conditions to hold within range.
- Effectively communicates via e-mails, daily schedule adds or changes and any other information with department.
- Performs shut down and housekeeping on racking side daily.
- Performs daily audits of procedures to ensure team is compliant to processes. Includes shop paper sign off, racking, housekeeping, safety, etc.
- Train new and existing team members responsibly and efficiently according to the established instructions and by completing the training check list on time.
- Loads visual reference information for next shift, understands screens and can troubleshoot if needed.
- Ensure all team members in department operate in a safe manner and wear proper PPE so as to keep work-related accident/injury/illness costs to a minimum.
- Assist in maintaining labor costs at or below budget limits by directing labor to offline or other departments as needed.
- Monitor housekeeping and recycling daily and holding the team accountable.
- Manages chemical additions to include daily lab additions.
- Demonstrate the ability to assume the duties and responsibilities of the Line Leader by completing the training program and performing such duties as necessary.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to follow directions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills preferred
- 90 days of Production Technician I experience preferred
- Ability to achieve chemical training