The 2nd shift Powder Painter is responsible for achieving maximum productivity and a quality painted product on time for our customers by effectively painting parts.
- Starting pay is $17.40 per hour, $16.15 base + $1.25 shift premium.
- We also have paid bonuses on a quarterly basis. Payout has equated to an additional $1.00 – $2.40 per hour in additional earnings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Paint and inspect parts in manual and auto booth.
- Monitor and adjust line speed to achieve maximum quality and quantity as indicated in part planning (shop paper).
- Clean spray booths for color changes to avoid contamination.
- Clean all areas of paint room to avoid cross contamination of paint.
- Record and monitor paint usage to achieve budgeted limits per financial report.
- Assist in racking and inspecting when necessary to achieve maximum efficiency and zero customer complaints/returns.
- Cross trained to perform paint room operator duties as necessary.
- Maintain paint equipment (guns, booths, hoppers).
- Maintain the pursuit of on-time order completion.
- Maintain the pursuit and accomplishment of zero defects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills
- Detail oriented
- Chemical training (will provide)
- Painting experience preferred – but will train
- Self directed
- Takes pride in work