What Are The Benefits of Zinc Plating?
Zinc plating has been around for decades and is the first line of defense to fight against rust and corrosion. For those who often work with steels and metals in general, they will know the benefits of zinc plating and how important it is to keep up standard maintenance to prevent aging. Its low-cost plating and effective protection make it a popular choice for all types of metal surfaces and manufacturing processes. In this article, we will show you some of the benefits of zinc plating that could help you and your business.
- Protection: Zinc plating is corrosion-resistant that slows rusting up to 30 years by keeping out the moisture lingering in air molecules. It also has a high-temperature tolerance up to 120℉ while increasing the metal’s life expectancy.
- Ductility and Durability: Zinc is highly malleable, allowing it to stretch great lengths and mold into any shape. Its lightweight does not compromise the metal’s functionality. Zinc is also a perfect option for undercoats.
- Cost-Effective: Zinc is very affordable due to its abundance in nature. It is also recyclable and reusable.
- Easy Process: Zinc plating is an easy application that is compatible with different plating procedures, such as rack and barrel plating. It can also handle high volume applications, which makes this specific plating very desirable.
- Attractive Finishing Touch: You can choose from zinc plating that comes with different types of colors. Its finish is usually a luster or a shiny finish, making it more visually appealing and coming across as high quality.
If you are curious about the benefits of zinc plating, Professional Plating in Brillion has you covered! We have the knowledge and expertise that you would need for your next project. We provide plating services in Appleton, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and surrounding areas. Give us a call, meet us in person, or email us about any zinc plating needs. We are always willing to help you in achieving your projects.