Why Is Electroplating Important?
Electroplating is the process of coating surfaces with a metal coating using electricity.
There are many reasons electroplating is important –
- Electroplating creates a protective barrier to reduce friction and prevent tarnishing of a surface as well as protecting surfaces from wear and tear by applying a thin, durable metal coating.
- Coating a non-metallic surface with metal changes the surface qualities of an object. By doing this, the metal coating creates wear resistance, corrosion protection, protection from abrasion, and sometimes is used to change the aesthetics of an object.
- Electroplating can make inexpensive metals look like higher-quality metal.
Numerous industries use electroplating, such as automobiles, airplanes, electronics, recreational and agricultural to name a few.
Types of Electroplating
- Mass plating or barrel (electroplating) is placing parts inside barrels. This type of electroplating is great for fasteners, hardware, and metal stamping, and is cost-effective for plating large volumes of small parts.
- Rack plating is affixing parts to metal racks. Works well for large or complex parts, machined or fine threaded parts for quality purposes.
Electroplating is a fabulous manufacturing process used for an infinite number of projects. Professional Plating Inc. is an expert in coatings, whether it be electroplating, metal finishing, powder coating, or zinc plating. We provide services to Appleton, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and the surrounding areas. We also offer delivery and pickup throughout Wisconsin. We Deliver l daily to the greater Milwaukee metropolitan area.
Contact one of our team members at 920.756.2153 to discuss your electroplating needs. We are available to discuss your upcoming projects and will offer fast and accurate quotes. We are committed to quality work and being environmentally responsible.